Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 7/26

In the midst of watching my 7-year-old nephew (along with my 2-year-old darling) and planning a quick salad to throw together for the Grandparents' 55th anniversary, I managed to throw together a cheap (we're talking $50 in groceries for the week cheap) and what I might say sounds delicious meal-plan for the week.

Monday: Venison roast, red potatoes, carrots (all thrown in the crockpot with some tomato soup, pepsi, worcestershire, and some of that thickener stuff, can't recall the name of it). Here's the link I roughly followed (I didn't have tomato sauce, so I subbed soup). Okay, let's be honest, I went to get a venison roast out of the freezer and there weren't any, so I used a couple bags of venison steaks that were in there. We'll cross our fingers that it turns out.

Tuesday: Grilled chicken fajitas. I'm forgetting right now where I got the recipe for the marinated chicken, hopefully out of my grilling cookbook. It was going to be regular ol' chicken tacos, but my aunt set me up with a bunch of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, so we'll cook those up and make fajitas instead. Yum.

Wednesday: Barbecue Meatloaf, steamed broccoli, macaroni & cheese. This is actually a weight watchers recipe. I'm not on weight watchers, but my mom is. She said it's super-yummy (and only 5 points per serving).

Thursday: Grilled pork skewers over brown rice w/green beans. I made these a couple weeks ago when friends were over. They were pretty tasty. I'm going to try to cut my roast the right way this time (is it against the grain or with it?) so that they're not quite so tough.

Friday: Leftovers. Waste not. Want not.

Saturday: Frozen pizza, salad.

Sunday: Beer can chicken w/some kind of potato. Perhaps those grilled potato skins. Those were yummy. Confession: not included in the $50 because I added it yesterday when I decided I'd need some leftover chicken for one of next week's recipes.

No comments: