Thursday, December 9, 2010

Imagine a week of this...

Response upon entering Heidi's room this morning to wake her up: "No, Mom, I'm still sleeping!"

Geez, Louise, when did you turn 13?



Response upon picking Heidi up from daycare at De's house several days in the last few weeks: "Nooooo, don't take me! Don't take me!"

I've asked De to remind me of this in the fall when we're getting back into the daycare routine.



Conversation on the way home yesterday:
H: I wanna go home!
Me: We have to go to the grocery store first, we have no food!
H: Mama, you're mean!
Me: Heidi, that hurts Mama's feelings. Mama is sad.
H: Mama, you're not sad.
Commences bawling.

Why she started bawling, I have no idea. Apparently she was sad that I said I was sad. Which left me feeling like I actually was mean.



In the bathtub last night, getting her hair washed: "Mama, my eye not broken!"

I commence rinsing the shampoo out of her hair and alas a drop of water nears her eye: "Mama! My eye broken!"

Lesson: For a broken eye, just add water.



Number of things Heidi talked me into buying at the grocery store: 3
Number of things we bought that had Dora on the packaging: 2
Number of things we bought that had a reindeer on: 1


The real meaning of Christmas fail:
Heidi is having a long conversation about the CareBears that she saw at daycare and how she wants a pink one and a yellow one and an orange one and a blue one. I told her that she should put them on her Christmas list...

H: Christmas is over!
M: Christmas is over? Don't you want your presents? [commence feeling bad for always talking about presents.] Heidi, did you know Christmas is Jesus' birthday?
H: No! My birthday FIRST!

No comments: