Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Recap

It was definitely another year of highs and lows. The highest of highs being watching our daughter grow and change into a little girl. I've loved this age--the 18 months to 2.5 years age--so much learning and personality. She's gone from a new walker (yes, she didn't walk until 14 months) and barely talker to this little bundle of energy that goes up and down stairs alone, opens doors, runs circles with her shopping cart, and sasses back to her Mom and Dad on a daily basis "Stop talking, MOM!" I have loved every minute I've spent with her this year.

2010 month-by-month:

January: A fresh start to the year, I started working out again (and lost 6.8 pounds in 2010!). My Grams turned 70. We went to lots of Aunt Shay's basketball games.

February: More basketball games to go to. Watched the Saints win the Superbowl. Laurie's bridal shower. Josh turned 28 and played in the basketball alumni tournament.

March: I traveled to Chicago for the National Association of School Psychologist's conference and met up with some fabulous former classmates. Shalyn's basketball team made it to the State Tournament and we all took the day off to go. It was amazing.

April: We celebrated Easter and Heidi actually looked for eggs this year! Laurie and Peter got married and we discovered Heidi loves to dance. Casey's bridal shower. Baby Cousin Emmett was born!

May: Josh and I played on a softball team in Reedsburg. We lost a lot of games. Baby shower for Greg and Dana and baby Ella. Heidi started sleeping in her big girl room, on accident. Casey and Dustin got married! Met-up with our BN friends in Madison and went to the zoo. Heidi and I traveled to Milwaukee for the day to hang out with Laura. Celebrated Memorial day with our families.

June: I got to chaperone the junior high trip to Mt. Olympus and take in some sun. School's out for the summer. I turned 27. Josh, Emily, Jason, and I went on the Brewer bus for Pat's birthday. Relay for Life, our team won Most Improved, even though we got rained out.

July: Heidi and I camped with Mom, Aunt Laura, and the kids in Tilleda Falls. We met Baby Emmett in person! Aunt Morgan turned 21, we went out for lunch. The Bakers all traveled to South Dakota for a long weekend. We loved Custer State Park. Heidi Jean turned 2! Josh and I attended our 10-year high school reunion.

August: Heidi and I spent lots of time at the lake, she loves the beach. Josh and I went on a Wohlrab hayride. We celebrated our 6th anniversary. We helped move Morgan to Platteville. Work started up again. Teacher's socialized at Dutch Hollow and the Chipmans'.

September: School starts. Laura and I did the 5K in Suzy's Walk in Madison. Shay's volleyball season started. Emily and Jason moved! Meagon introduced us to Jewel Kade and her sweet Aunt Julie.

October: We went to the orchard with Grandma Baker and fed the goats. Aunt Shay turned 18. We traveled to Chicago for another BN Meet-up and went to the Shedd Aquarium. We went to Six Flags Great America in place of our annual Halloween party. We rode all of the coasters except one, which got rained out. Heidi loved trick-or-treating as Cinderella.

November: Aunt Laura's bakery had its grand opening in Reedsburg. We watched lots of Packer football. Kaileigh turned 4 and Seth turned 7. We celebrated Thanksgiving with our families.

December: We attended the Rasmussen Christmas party and lucked out in the White Elephant draw. AHE made a float for the holiday lights parade, in a blizzard. We baked cookies at Laura's bakery. We had lots of Christmas celebrations. Heidi was big-time into the lights, the tree, and of course Santa and presents. Josh and I built Heidi a kitchen for Christmas. We hosted the 2nd annual Baker's NYE Game Night and played lots of Kinect.

Adios 2010. Can't wait to see what 2011 brings.

No comments: