First: Relatives
Heidi was lucky enough to get a new baby cousin on Monday. As we were driving home from the hospital the evening that Kylee was born, we had this conversation...
Heidi: Morgan and Shay-shay are best friends
Me: Yep, and they're sisters too. They are Mama's sisters too! And you are Morgan and Shay-shay's niece!
H: I'm not a niece!
Me: Yep, they are your aunt's and you are their niece!
H: I'm not a niece! I'm a sister!
Pause
H: I'm not...that word...I'm a sister
M: Okay.
Second: Temper Tantrums
Tonight Heidi had one of her infamous temper tantrums. She doesn't have them that often, but when she does, they are doozies. She was pitching a fit because she had to take a bath after dinner and had the unlucky fortune to come into the bathroom as I was running the tub and I wouldn't let her escape. I peeled her clothes and flip flops off as she bawled. She tried one last (naked) sprint out the door, but I managed to wrangle her and plop her into the bathtub. She continued to bawl for the entire bath as I quickly scrubbed her hair and sudsed her up. We let the water out and she toweled off bawling the whole time about pajamas and whatnot. She picked out the jammies she wanted and as I put them on and buttoned the top, she suddenly stopped crying...
"Mama, you like buttons?"
[Sidenote: she says this every single time that she wears a coat or sweater or shirt with buttons. If she wears a coat with a zipper she says "Daddy likes zippers."]
No comments:
Post a Comment