Here's how I know reasoning and logic do not work with three year olds...
Heidi: Can I have milk when we get home?
Me: I don't know, you didn't drink all your milk last night and we had to throw it away, that's like throwing money in the garbage.
Heidi: You threw my cup in the garbage?
Me: No, but we had to dump the milk out and milk costs money.
Heidi: We can buy more at the grocery store.
Me: Yes, but that costs money and we shouldn't waste things, we need to use what we have.
Silence for roughly two minutes.
Heidi: So, can I have milk when we get home?
Side story, not t all related to the above. She's discovered tucking her hair behind her ears (thank God). Tonight she goes: "When my hair gets in my face, I just go like this! [tucks hair behind her ears]. If you do that, you can come to my party!"
No comments:
Post a Comment