- First, the best: July 17, 2008 my daughter Heidi Jean Baker was born. Until she arrived, I had no idea that I could love another person this much. I couldn't have honestly said that I would die for anyone, until she was born. Now I know, for this little girl, for this fussy, beautiful, sassy, sweet, amazing little girl, I would walk through fire, take a bullet, whatever it takes. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Period.
- Second, the worst: August 28, 2008: my almost two-year old nephew, Keagen was diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma. This began the new way-of-life for our family consisting of chemotherapy treatments for Keagen (usually followed by fevers and infections), lots of family time with Laura's other kiddos, and soliciting prayers from everyone we know. I can only hope that by the end of 2009, cancer is only a bad memory for us.
Friday, January 2, 2009
2008 Recap...this should be fast
I had this whole long thing typed out when I realized that my 2008 can be summarized in 2 points, the best and worst things that have ever happened to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment