Thursday, September 1, 2011

In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Last year my sister suggested that we give up something in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month--kind of to signify the sacrifices that cancer kids and their families face. Last year I gave up Mountain Dew. This year, I'm pregnant, so I've already given up alcohol (obviously), caffeine, artificial sweeteners, etc. I just can't envision giving up one of the few things that sounds good to me right now. So, I decided this year to give up something a little different.

For all of September I'm going to give up yelling (at my kid, my husband, the cat, inanimate objects...) and using "mean" words like stupid, moron, etc. I've been really bad lately and feeling bad about it, so I thought this was perfect for the month. And every time I mess up a Quarter will be donated to Childhood Cancer research :) So far I'm 25 cents in the whole for telling DH to "get your stupid credit card back from your dad!"

Wish me luck :)

No comments: