Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Little tender foot

So, a few summers ago Josh and I played sand volleyball with some of my college friends at this little bar in the middle of nowhere (yeah, me playing sand volleyball is a whole 'nother blog). As you know, for sand volleyball, bare feet are nearly a requirement. The first day comes and I swear to you, Josh flinched even walking into the sand with his oh-so-sensitive feet. The first time that a ball got past him and rolled out into the parking lot for him to retrieve, the whole team got to see the spectacle that is Josh's soft and sensitive feet. From that day on, Josh was crowned "tender foot."

Fast forward a few years and one kid. Heidi and I are outside wandering around while Josh is cleaning his truck. She's shoeless and playing in her little house when we decide to walk over to where daddy is across the grass (and by walk, I mean I'm holding her fingers while she walks).

Seeing Heidi crinkle her toes and tentatively step through the grass and I could see another thing she inherited from her daddy.

Tender Foot Junior.

No comments: