So let me give you a brief overview of life right now in the Baker household. Josh and I have been married for 4 wonderful years. Somedays it seems like just yesterday we tied the knot, while other days it seems like we've been together forever. I love my silly, goofy husband to death (even when he is out hunting everynight...oh wait, that's a whole 'nother blog). Heidi Jean is now 11 weeks old (I think). She is the light of our lives. She's still our fussy, demanding, impatient little lady, but she also has tons of smiles and loves to "talk" to us and to her fishy's in her fishy bouncy chair. She is starting to like laying on the floor and playing more now as well, and she's just started hanging out in the exersaucer from time to time. Oh yeah, I must confess, the kid seems to love the TV as well. Our amazing Bassett Hounds, Molly and Lucy, are four years old--err...28 in dog years. Molly is large and lazy as always, while Lucy is still recovering from a summer run in with a UPS truck. They both love going for walks, eating hot dogs, and licking their little sister.
That's my wonderful family, other than that, we've been busy. I've been spending lots of time with my sister and her family as we learned in late August 2008 that my nephew Keagen has neuroblastoma, a form of childhood cancer. He has a large tumor in his abdomen and is currently undergoing chemotherapy to try to shrink the tumor prior to having surgery. It's a rough road right now, particularly for Keagen and Laura and we're just doing all we can to make life a little easier for them right now. And we're doing lots of praying as well. I'm off of work until November 3rd, when I'll be back in my school psychologist shoes. Josh passed his Master Electrician test in August 2008 and I am so proud of him. He still works for Possum and enjoys it, most days. I guess that's about it for a random gigantic overview...more blogs will follow with more random information I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment