Monday, August 9, 2010

Bring on the Polident and Granny Panties.

Top 10 ways I know we're old...

  1. Rarely see anything past 10 o'clock pm. When I'm on the computer at 10:30 friends start to harass me ("isn't it past your bedtime?"). This even applies when we're "out" for the evening, except then we sometimes make 11pm.
  2. Have started saying "back when I was young." As in "back when I was young we played outside all day long..."
  3. Grocery shop on Monday mornings along with all the white hairs. And one of the most exciting parts of the week is finishing the weekly meal-plan.
  4. Only got carded once in the last couple of years.
  5. Started driving with my hands on "10" and "2." And turning down the radio because it's giving me a headache.
  6. Can't have caffeine in the afternoon if I want to sleep (which I do, see #1).
  7. Spend a lot of time thinking about 401Ks and Roth IRA's. And gas prices. And the weather.
  8. All my favorite shows are shown only in re-run syndication (Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld...)
  9. Must right down daily reminders and lists or chance forgetting any mundane task. Often then forget to check the reminders and still forget the task until the next day.
  10. Have 2 lawn chairs permanently set up in the garage that we regularly sit in. The old style of lawn chairs too, not those ones that fold into a carrying bag.
Old and loving every minute of it.

No comments: