Saturday, May 3, 2014

Whole30 Day 3--weekends are hard

Weekends are a lot harder for me on the Whole30 because we tend to be out and about more. Today was no exception. Forrest was up at the crack of dawn, as usual, so I had a banana before my workout, then my workout, and then finally made up my eggs. I wasn't feeling the fried egg this morning, so I scrambled up three eggs with some salsa and then folded spinach inside. It was pretty good.



The kids and I were heading out to go to some antique/resale shops with MIL, and I knew a) I was going to be hungry and b) there wasn't going to be anything there I could eat. So, I smartly packed a little snack bag of almonds and raisins for myself (man, it totally hit the spot). I made the kids bags with pretzels and Cheerios which kept them quiet on the drive too. It didn't make the donuts look any less delicious when we got to our first stop (a local bakery had set up in the yard, OMG, my kids shared a donut and it was all my willpower not to finish it off when neither one of them wanted to eat their whole piece).



For lunch we went to a local restaurant. There wasn't much there that appealed to me, especially for lunch time when I find it hard to order a "dinner" meal. I ended up going with the Chef's salad, no cheese. I'm sure the Italian dressing I picked was not compliant, but it was the best of my options, so it had to do. Gave my kids all the croutons--they were thrilled.


Dinner was my absolute favorite Whole30 recipe: Cocoa Chili from The Clothes Make the Girl. I made it twice on my Whole30. It's really easy to make and both my kids even ate it (and Heidi had seconds, which is unheard of). I snacked on some raw veggies and guacamole while I waited for the sweet potatoes to bake, then topped my chili with some guacamole and a handful of roasted sweet potatoes.




Overall, it was a pretty good day. Would've been better if I could convince Forrest to go potty in public bathrooms. Maybe next time.



No comments: